Welcome to the school website. I joined Long Ridings Primary School on 4th January 2021 and I am truly honoured to be the Headteacher of such a beautiful school. I am surrounded by dedicated and passionate staff members; helpful and supportive parents and well-mannered and resilient children.
At Long Ridings Primary School, we have high expectations and aspirations for your children. All our staff aim to give every child an exceptional education; provide support, care, enrichment and challenge as they come through our doors. We teach a curriculum that promotes and celebrates our core values-we give them opportunities to enjoy their learning through engaging and innovative learning experiences. We prepare them for future academic successes all within a safe and happy environment.
My role is to help our children and staff dream bigger than they ever thought possible, and to make that dream come true through our culture of success, moral courage and integrity which beats at the heart of the school. And most importantly, I want our children and staff to be happy and to flourish.
As a school, we believe that:
- Learning should enable children to make expected or accelerated progress through fun and an enjoyable experiences.
- Teaching equips children with the necessary skills, knowledge and understanding so that they can play a positive and useful role in the society and make informed choices about their lives both now and in the future.
- High quality teaching and learning experiences support children to be able to lead happy and rewarding lives, now and in the future.
Our Core values of: Independence, Curiosity, Tolerance, Responsibility, Perseverance, Resilience, Courage and Kindness underpin everything that happens at Long Ridings Primary School. They are our foundations and my team as well as the children model and respect these values. These foundations enable us to build high quality, inspiring education for our children. Trust is another key component of our school culture; teaching our children to trust enable them to persevere, take risks and become resilient learners.
At Long Ridings Primary School, we value parental support. The school motto: Learn, Respect, Perform and Succeed encapsulates the power of our school community and how much we can achieve for our children when we work together. A successful and happy school depends on our collaboration. Parents make such an important contribution to children’s achievements at school.
Onwards and upwards for a brighter and better future for all. I look forward to leading the school with all my heart and enabling our pupils to achieve greatness. I am extremely proud of all the children, staff and parents. I am thrilled to be the Headteacher of such a fantastic school.
Latest School Calendar Events
There are currently no events.
- Read the end of year newsletter from Mrs Murthen. What a year it's been!!
- Highlights of the past month including LRPSs Got Talent, Young Voices concert and much more
- Easter newsletter from Mrs Murthen
- The latest news from around the school